Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p048ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello dear company and its HP employees!
I have a problem with the video card and the hard drive (HDD is not as important as the problem with the video card). In general, when connecting a video card (GTX 550Ti), I have a black screen where the monitor is in standby mode. After 5 minutes after switching on, nothing was happening, just a black screen. I'll tell you right away, the monitor is working, the video card is working, everything is working! (checked on another PC). Also, when you turn on the computer with integrated Intel Core i5-7400 graphics, everything works, there are no defects, but for some reason when you turn on the power from the video card, I have a black screen, what could it be?
The problem with the HDD, when you turn on the computer does not see it (it is obviously serviceable)
The computer no longer costs 1050Ti (I gave it to a friend)
does not cost a 1Tb HDD
It is not necessary to have a native power supply
(the problem of turning on the video card is not in the power supply, as I tried to turn it on on three different power supplies and all without success.
I hope you will solve this problem.
Sincerely Sergey.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sergey36 

Let me see if I understand the issue ...

When you boot the PC with the video cable connected to the integrated video jack, the display is OK, right?

But when you boot the PC with the video cable connected to the video card, there is no display, right?

In newer PCs, the UEFI auto-detects the video connection and switches to it automatically.

But in order PCs, this does not happen and what you need to do is the following:

1. Reconnect the video cable to the integrated video jack

2. Boot into the BIOS settings (usually pressing F10 repeatedly)

3. Go into the settings, find the option for video and change it from the internal chip to the video card

4. Save the settings and shut down the PC

5. Reconnect the video cable to the video card and reboot

6. You should be seeing video on the display now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.