Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello. I recently purchased a refurbished Elitedesk 800 G1 off of amazon, and I also got a graphics card just for some light gaming. (MSI GT 710 1GB DDR3) I tried to first install the graphics card in the PCI-E x16 slot, but I couldn't get a video signal, not even off the internal VGA port. I next tried to install it into the PCI-E x4 slot, which worked, but has recently turned into a problem since the power supply is in the way of the GPU heatsink causing the graphics card to rise up to around 75C.

The x16 slot is enabled in the BIOS but I just cant seem to get it to work. I've already replaced the CMOS battery as well.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer since that was not a supported card in that model series, is to make sure that legacy mode is enabled and secure boot is disabled in the BIOS.

If legacy mode is enabled and secure boot is disabled, the card should have worked.

HP Recommended

If say, I were to go out and buy another GPU, say a GT 1030, how would I be able to tell if it was a supported card?

HP Recommended

The GT 710 should have worked, and since it didn't, the GT 1030 won't work either.

I have two the older 8200 Elite CMT's with the Intel 2nd gen core i7 processor--one with a GT 730 and one with a GT 1030, and they work just fine.

I would say that the PCIe x16 slot is bad--especially if legacy mode is enabled and secure boot is disabled.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.