Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion all-in-one 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Even on this page when using drop down menu for operating system the box and text disappear. This also happens on the internet. This all started I think when I used Nero tune up. I have since tried resetting to factory reset 4 times with no luck problem still persists. On the last reset I disconnected everything from computer still never worked.

I did try to make a screen video of what happens and it showed nothing wrong when played back (strange) Boxes and graphic were all ok as they should be.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

It seems that Nero tune-up either deleted or altered some software/drivers.

Since you did not post the actual model number, you might be able to restore the OS and drivers to normal with the HP Cloud Recovery tool

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

If that does not provide a solution, you can use the Microsoft Media Creation tool and reinstall Windows 10 with that.  That should fix any problems.

If you need the install media for Windows 10, you can make it from this Microsoft download

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

With a working PC, scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media"
and then follow the directions. You can make either the DVD or USB.  Then boot to that new media and run the install.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice, The HP cloud recovery is not recognised for my computer. I download and installed the latest windows 10, but has not made any difference

Thanks

Regards

LENRL

HP Recommended

It might be that there is a driver missing.  Go to the HP support site - at the top of this forum, place the mouse on "support" and then right click on support and troubleshooting.  When the support page opens, scroll down to the "Or, let HP detect your product."  It should then take you to the support pages for that model and then pick software and drivers.

It should then display the drivers available and then install the missing or needed drivers.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks again for trying went to HP support and all drivers are installed and up to date.

To date I have factory reset computer 4 times have installed latest windows 10, have checked all drivers are up to date. Have uninstalled graphics card driver and reinstalled. Nothing works. 

I am beginning to think it's an Hardware issue and been an all in one computer there's not a lot I can do.

Thanks 

Regards LENRL

HP Recommended

Well that is interesting to say the least.  If you make a video of what is happening, that would be most helpful.

You stated "I did try to make a screen video of what happens" - assuming you used something from inside the PC, such as Windows screen capture, this time use a smartphone.  Post what it is you are having happen.

Unless it is some malware you keep getting, I am at a loss until I see it.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Across program and  desktopAcross program and desktopOver desktopOver desktop003.jpg

Would not let me upload video, have taken 3 screen shots to show what happens.

Have done a deep scan for malware using my virus software. Come up with nothing.

HP Recommended

Your screenshots have not shown up yet.  I will give you more when they get approved.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I can see the photos now.  Those are from the photo software asking to modify the picture you are viewing.

Some questions now

1) you mentioned it doing that even when not viewing photos - post examples of those times when not viewing photos

2) what software does the box identify?  I can see "Affinity Photo" identified.  Did you open that software?  I assume you installed that, as it is pay software.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Sorry but were just going round in circles. Yes it was a bought program I have no Pirate software on my computer if that's what your trying to establish. 

The drop down boxes on the internet are  erratic one minute they show a light box with speckles in where text should be. Then they will be ok.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.