Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27xi
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have a HP Pavilion 27xi monitor. I had been using it for a year and it worked perfectly with my 2014 Mac Book Pro. 

I just received a new 2020 MacBook Pro through work and tried plugging it in. The scaling of the image itself is correct, but the picture extends off the screen. I can't see the menu bar at the top and I only see the very top of my dock at the bottom. It's as if the monitor is "too small" for the actual picture size. 

I played around with all the Display settings in system preferences and on the monitor and no luck. I spent over an hour on the phone with Apple support and no luck either. 

The only thing I can think of is that when it worked on my old computer, I was plugging the HDMI directly into my laptop, but now, it is going through a converter to a Thunderbolt adapter. 

PLEASE help me 😕

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@admarko Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the Pavilion 27xi - MacBook Pro 2020.

Please try with the HDMI port and check if it works.

Also, if there's no HDMI port on the laptop, please use a different screen resolution and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi @praveen196 

Unforuntaetly that did not work. I have tried both using an HDMI cord and an adapter into my MacBook Pro as well as bought a new HDMI to Thunderbolt3 cord and that did not work either. In both cases, I've tried every resolution and nothing works. 

To reiterate, it works fine on an old 2014 MacBook Pro with the HDMI connection, but not on the new 2020 MacBook Pro. 

HP Recommended

@admarko

I understand your concerns. 

Maybe the new version of mac doesn't support the HP monitor, and for further assistance please contact Mac support. They may help you.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@praveen196 - I spent over an hour on the phone with them last week, spoke with a manager, and he assured me he had never seen anything like this and that it must be an HP problem. I would really appreciate it if you could contact me so we can work this out. 

This has been quite a disappointing customer service experience and now I'm sitting with a useless monitor on my desk

HP Recommended

@admarko

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.