Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP P2-1343W

Hello everyone. To summarize I was given a computer over the weekend, the one listed above. It is running windows 8. When I got it home it worked fine, I reset it completely, it took about 6ish hours to finish completely. Given it is a large drive. Anyways, after finally logging in I immediately had issues with the display, it would freeze, and not respond. I know that this is an older computer, so I tried to update the drivers. Well, Seeing as Windows 8 isn't included in mainstream support anymore I can't find them anywhere. Now it does not connect to the monitor, but it does boot. I don't get and beeps or anything like anything is wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
which option exactly did you use?

if not this one, try this if there is option :

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎

• Turn off the computer.
  • Disconnect all connected peripheral, except for the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
  • Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until the Choose your keyboard layout screen displays, and then follow these instructions:
    1. Click to select the keyboard layout.
    2. The computer restarts. If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is functioning correctly, the Choose an Option screen displays. Click Troubleshoot.

Troubleshoot screen with Recovery Manager selected
When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
  •  select Recover without backing up your files, and then click Next. Continue to the next step.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.