Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24ea monitor

I would be grateful for any help with this problem which is more annoying than serious. Or at least I hope it is not serious.
I have a basic HP Pavilion pc (Windows 10) with a model 24ea monitor. The monitor will not shutdown when the power button is pressed and after a certain time the screen flashes various solid colours - red, green, blue, purple, yellow. I am told that this is some sort of test mode used in the factory. I have tried to force a shutdown (in various ways) and also a factory reset. I have also accessed the HP online support and various websites but I have not found a solution. I currently have to connect/disconnect the power supply to the monitor. From memory, this fault materialised after an update. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@doleful

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

● Fuzzy or unclear focus

● Ghosting, streaking or shadowing effects

● Faint vertical bars ● Thin, horizontal scrolling lines

● An off-center picture To use the auto-adjustment feature: 1. Allow the monitor to warm up for 20 minutes before adjusting. 2. Press the auto button on the bottom side of the front bezel.

● You can also press the Menu button, and then select Image Control> Auto-Adjustment from the OSD menu.

● If the result is not satisfactory, continue with the procedure.

1. Insert the optical disc into the optical drive. The optical disc menu is displayed.
  2. Select Open Auto-Adjustment Utility. The setup test pattern is displayed.
  3. Press the auto button on the bottom side of the front bezel to produce a stable, centered image.
  4. Press the ESC key or any other key on the keyboard to exit the test pattern.
  5. The auto-adjustment test pattern utility can be downloaded from http://www.hp.com/support

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo

It is very kind of you to reply and it is important for you to understand that my knowledge of computer systems is very limited.

I am not sure that I have explained the problem very well as your list does not mention my problem, Also this monitor is the 24ea model and was purchased as part of a HP desktop package previously sold by a retailer in the UK. There is no optical disc or optical drive. The problem was previously described in a published fix                                            https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c00791958 but I have tried this a number of times and it does not cure the problem. Hopefully this provides you with a better understanding of the fault but please use simple non technical language wherever possible.

Kind regards

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi Echo

Do you have any suggestions to solve my problem?

Kind regards

Dave

HP Recommended

@doleful

Thank you for posting back. 

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

• Step 1: Perform a hard reset
  • Step 2: Run hardware diagnostic tests
  • Step 3: Refresh or reset your PC. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 to complete the troubleshooting steps. By the end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.