Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
PC HP ProDesk 400 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm having trouble connecting a GT 730 2GB PCIE graphics card to an HP 400 G4 computer. When you connect the board to the computer it starts but does not give image. Try to use all video outputs but the result is the same. Also try changing some settings in the BIOS and the problem persists.
Can you give me a hand?
From already thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you have to change two BIOS settings when you install a graphics card that did not come from HP...

See this link for the settings to change.  Your BIOS setup will probably be different than what the illustrations show, but the settings would be the same ones to change.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you have to change two BIOS settings when you install a graphics card that did not come from HP...

See this link for the settings to change.  Your BIOS setup will probably be different than what the illustrations show, but the settings would be the same ones to change.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, I already tried that change but the problem persists. Do you know any other recommendations I can try?

Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I do not.

That model card should work just fine in your PC with legacy mode enabled, secure boot disabled.

Can you test the card in another model PC to see if it works?

I have the same card in an old HP 8200 Elite CMT from 2011 and it works just fine.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I could make the team work. I had to do a default reset of all the settings and then I put the indicated and it worked correctly.

Then I was trying to run the device on an HP 400 G5 with this configuration but it was not yet possible.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.