Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP-Z800, HD7970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings
There is a question about the performance of the asus HD7970 video card.
At this station Z800 it shows a two or more times lower performance in tests compared to another computer.
I will certainly try to figure it out on my own, but maybe your tips will be useful.
Assumptions:
1) Perhaps the pci-ex slot works in 8x mode instead of 16 if you do not disable the second such slot by hardware from the BIOS, is it possible?
2) The motherboard bus is too slow, is it possible?
3) What other BIOS settings interfere with the full-price work of the video card?
Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

By tradition, I answer to myself.
The resource system diagnostic program showed that the PCIe port is in 8x mode. Attempts to fix this from BIOS have led nowhere. Most likely, to transfer the port to 16x mode, a special card is required, which is inserted into the second slot and converts it to the desired mode.
In addition, this motherboard operates only in PCIe 2.0 mode, which also limits the capabilities of the video card.
Changing the port settings has now just led to the inoperability of the video and resetting the smos does not give anything, just a gift motherboard ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.