Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq1025tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to reinstall the touch screen driver after uninstalling it in error. I have checked the drivers for my product on the website and can't find one for the HP Envy. 

Is there any way to manually download the driver?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@alyce5 Here's all you need to do, to reinstall the drivers for your touchscreen:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices list.

3. Right-click the touch screen device, and then click Enable, if possible. If the Enable option does not display, continue to the next step.

Enable HID-compliant touch screen in Device Manager

4. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue with these steps.

5. Right-click the touch screen device, and then click Uninstall.

Uninstall HID-compliant touch screen in Device Manager

6. Restart the computer to reinstall the touch screen driver.

7. Tap the screen to see if it responds. If it does not, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The touch driver does not show up at all under device manager, including when I show hidden devices. I have uninstalled it and restarted my computer and it hasn't reinstalled.

The option to calibrate the touch screen does not show up at all in search results.

Thanks,

Alyce 

HP Recommended

@alyce5 I recommend running a hardware test on the touchscreen,

please use the below steps to perform the test:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

5. Touch Screen Test - Quick interactive test to determine if the touch screen is functioning correctly. (This test is currently not available in the Windows version of the hardware diagnostics.)

To run the test, click Touch Screen, and then click Run once.

6. If the test fail, please capture the 24 character failure ID and revert with the details. and if it passes, we may need to check if a windows program is conflicting with the touchscreen, try checking if it works in safe mode.

If the tests pass, 

Did you check if the touchscreen works in the BIOS Screen? 

• This would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, hence I request you tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
  • If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction.
  • If it works, please use the HP website to download all the latest drivers for your device using this link: click here

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.