Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-dq1025od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon community help my quick question is,

On my HP Pavilion 360 Convertible -- Last summer it fell off out of computer mount in the car.  It shattered the screen. 

Question is:  Could I replace  touchscreen with a "none touchscreen"??

Thanks, I hope to hear a positive outlook on this.

WX5BRM-Dallas-Ft. Worth

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The cable probably has different pins.

Take the system apart and see if there are two cables from the touch screen..   You may luck out if the "touch" function is on a different cable.  That is very unlikely in my opinion.

See if you can spot the OEM manufacture (LG or Samsung, etc) part number and look the part number of at AliExpress or using google search.  I replaced a defective Samsung SP4 display with an LG surface pro 6 and the vendor had the correct cable to make the fit.  The original SP4 cabled was not long  enough to reach the SP6 connector as the location was different.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

I opened up the back, I found the one cable, but there's actually a couple of other cables that are small and tucked away. I took a picture of the main cable is this correct one?

Thanks 

WX5BRM 

20220402_145008.jpg

HP Recommended

Look through these photos and see if you can spot the touch screen that matches the one that's broken

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-lcd-15-dq.html

need HP part number or an OEM # like LG or Samsung

these parts are made in Asia and if you Google for the part number and add AliExpress you can usually find stuff

I got the above url by Googling  450.0gf07.0001 and AliExpress

to be sure to get the correct part email them first and include pictures of the defective screen so they know what you're trying to do

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.