Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1211
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

The fan on my AMD Eyefinity Radeon HD 7570 graphics card was making a lot of noise and was very dusty and eventually just quit. Is this still available (I know, unlikely). Is there any other card that would work with my system? Or am I going to have to upgrade something else (motherboard?). I really don't know much about computers, please help! Doing the COVID WFH thing and using my laptop in the meantime, but it's just not the same. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you have a monitor with a HDMI connection and one with a DVI connection, you can use two monitors.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with upgrading your PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think the easiest thing to do would be to buy a used but tested and working AMD HD 7570 on eBay.

You can use one of the Dell cards.  Make sure you get one with the normal profile mounting bracket, not the low profile one.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=radeon+hd+7570&_sacat=175673&_sop=15

HP Recommended

Thanks! I tried ordering one but the seller never sent it. Now the only ones I seem to find don't look quite the same and don't have as many ports (mine is like the first two pics). Do you have any other suggestions?

Right.PNGRight2.PNGwrong.PNGWrong2.PNG

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The cards on eBay are just missing the display port option.

They all come with the standard HDMI and DVI outputs.

If you are only using one monitor, and it has either a DVI or HDMI input, you will be fine.

Your PC has a legacy BIOS, so a new video card won't work.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I really do need two monitors for work. So one last question! To be able to use a new card, would I just have to upgrade

something else (motherboard,  think I saw somewhere)?

Thanks so much for your help!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you have a monitor with a HDMI connection and one with a DVI connection, you can use two monitors.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with upgrading your PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.