Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Re: my HP Pavilion 570 Desktop PC, Intel Core i5-7400, 8GB RAM, 2TB, AMD Radeon R5 435.

The small cooling fan on the R5 is making a heck of a racket and even after lubricating appears
to be on the way out. I understand that this card is no longer available so can you advise if an
Asus r7240-o4gd5-l Radeon R7 240 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card – Radeon R7 240 Graphics Card
(4GB, GDDR5, 128 Bit, 1920 x 1200 pixels; PCI Express 3.0) is a 'safe' replacement ?

Failing that - can you recommend a good replacement please ?

TIA
Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay, it looks like your motherboard has 1 PCI-E x16 socket and originally shipped with the AMD Radeon R5 435 (2 GB) (4.5 in x 2.7 in) that consumed about 30W Max.  You only have a 180 W uATX power supply so that will limit your expansion options by quite a bit.

Original Part Replacement:  860619-001

The card you suggested requires up to 75W max which is more than double the previous...but it will most likely not be a problem.  I would go ahead with ordering it and testing it with your machine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

In order to help you further, could you please provide us with more information about your computer?

Please post the specific model number or the P/N (Product Number) for your computer. Instructions for finding your HP P/N are here. This will help us locate resources, and identify correct parts for your specific model so we can make the right recommendation.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, Kalt.  As requested:

Model no. 570-po54na (DT PC UK)

Product No. z7d30ea#au

hth

Kevin

HP Recommended

Okay, it looks like your motherboard has 1 PCI-E x16 socket and originally shipped with the AMD Radeon R5 435 (2 GB) (4.5 in x 2.7 in) that consumed about 30W Max.  You only have a 180 W uATX power supply so that will limit your expansion options by quite a bit.

Original Part Replacement:  860619-001

The card you suggested requires up to 75W max which is more than double the previous...but it will most likely not be a problem.  I would go ahead with ordering it and testing it with your machine.

HP Recommended

That's great - thanks, Kalt, I'll get that one ordered in that case.

Appreciate your help, thank-you v.m. :Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.