Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My graphics card is not displaying clear photos. (Kind of pixilated but not to the extreme). I believe this is a hardware issue. not software. My local tech guy says very complicated (i.e. expensive) to replace graphics card in the all-in-one. Is he correct? My computer is 4 plus years old so I have no interest in spending a lot of money on it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DonnaGr

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Someone may come along and correct me in this ... but basically, an All-in-One is a big tablet with an external keyboard and mouse, and like a tablet (or laptop) it uses a single motherboard with everything soldered in place.  It does not use replaceable cards like a desktop.

So, while you can upgrade stuff like the hard drive and/or memory, everything else is fixed in place and not consumer-replaceable.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

That's what I was afraid of... Thank you for your input. It is consistent with what my local computer guy told me.

HP Recommended

This is terrible news! I can't play games on my new all in one desktop PC even if I were to pay for an upgrade or the installation of a graphics card. I wish I had known this before I dropped $1000 on this glorified tablet.

HP Recommended

@elyasbinyahya 

You can't install a "graphics card" in an All-in-One because there is no room for that.

As to the graphics, these are NOT gaming PCs -- so if you bought it for that, you misred the specs.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5XoJuhbPFCE

if u can’t replace it than what’s this video

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.