cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
pierce2856
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Resolution on second HP monitor

HP Recommended
HP Envy 23 Touchsmart All-in-One Desktop / HP w2408 monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a HP Envy 23 Touchsmart All-in-One Desktop that I am connecting to a HP w2408 monitor as a second monitor.  The display on the Desktop is okay, but the display on the second monitor is not.  I have gone through all of the steps in settings to add the second monitor.  I am able to access the settings on the #1 monitor (the Desktop), but I am unable to access the settings on the #2 monitor.  It may be possible that it is the computer is not recognizing the second monitor.  When you are in the display mode, the #1 monitor is in a large blue box, but the #2 monitor is in a small gray box (in all of the steps that I have seen for setting up two monitors, both boxes should be the same size.  If I choose the #2 box and click on "Detect", the message I receive is "Didn't detect another display."  Any assistance in determining what the problem is would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,963 2,169
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pierce2856

I reviewed your post and I understand that the display resolution on the external monitor is not correct.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you duplicate the display on the external monitor and check whether the resolution is fine. Also, try extending the display.

If you continue facing the issue, then update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation