Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 690-0040na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have this blue thing that keeps flying across my screen saying "Input Signal Out Of range Please change to 1680x1050@60Hz". I'd rather stay on 1920x1080, It looks better. How do I stay on this resolution and remove the blue thing that keeps flying across my screen? It's starting to get annoying and blocks my view at certain times, all I can do is wait for it to move.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@DontKnow2

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's update the display driver and graphic driver via Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

The display's resolution used by Windows has probably been set to a resolution that cannot be used by the monitor.
Use the following steps to see if the monitor can display screens from safe mode: 

1. Cycle the power on the monitor as follows: 

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on. 

2. Unplug the power cord. 

3. Wait 5 seconds. 

4. Plug in the power cord. 

5. Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor. 

One of two things happens: 

• The image from the computer displays on the monitor and you can use the computer again. This indicates that the monitor was unable to detect that the computer had awakened from suspend mode. Turn the monitor off when it is not being used or disable suspend mode on the computer. For some computers, updating the BIOS can correct these types of suspending problems. 

OR 

• The power light on the monitor comes on but the screen displays one of the messages again. The monitor is not receiving a video signal from the computer that it can detect and use. Continue using these steps. 

2. If the computer is on, wait until the hard drive activity light on the computer is not lit and then press and hold the Power button on the computer case until the computer turns off. 

3. If the monitor has a factory reset or restores options, set it. Press the Menu button on the front panel and select Factory Reset. 

4. Wait 5 seconds and then turn on the computer by pressing the Power button again. 

5. Adjust the Windows display resolution to a setting that is compatible with the monitor. 

For more steps, Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I would send a video but it won’t let me so I just sent a Live Photo. I’ve tried everything. I’ve looked online and no one has the same issue as me, I’ve updated the graphics card, updated windows, did as what you said and it still hasn’t fixed this issue. Is there an option just to get rid of that blue thing? It’s trying to “help” me but all it’s doing is annoying me. If I change the resolution to what it wants me to, it makes the screen stretched and doesn’t suit the monitors size. I want to stay on 1080p but that blue sign Won’t go away. How do I get rid of that sign? How do I ignore it or ignore the “input signal out of range”. I don’t need the suggestion from that blue thing. it’s starting to get annoying, It blocks my screen when I’m try to do things. 

46D20498-ABDE-4FA1-A848-4A859BA1A945.jpeg

HP Recommended

54CADF7D-BE47-429C-BD44-F10380C0209B.jpeg

HP Recommended

@DontKnow2

Thank you for posting back.

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.