Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello All,

I have 2 M22f displays that are connected to CPU station, both through HDMI. The settings on both are exactly the same. The one display 'white' and crisp, while the other display 'yellow' and dull. I have swapped the monitors for all scenarios (swapped the cables, set either as primary display, swapped the HDMI ports, etc), to no avail, the same monitor is always the dull one.

Could it just be that the one monitor is defective, or is there a hidden setting that I am missing? Note, as stated before, I went through every setting on both monitors (on the displays it selves) to ensure that they are set the same way.

Thanks!
Chirag Bhadani

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ChiragBhadani,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Given that you've thoroughly checked and swapped all settings and connections between the two monitors, it's likely that the dullness and yellow tint on one monitor indicate a hardware issue rather than a software or settings problem. Here are a few additional troubleshooting steps you can take.

• Check for Physical Damage: Inspect the dull monitor for any physical damage, such as scratches on the screen or damage to the display panel. Even small damages can affect the color and brightness of the display.
  • Update Drivers and Firmware: Make sure that the graphics drivers on your computer are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause display issues. Additionally, check if there are any firmware updates available for the monitors themselves.
  • Test on Another Device: Connect the dull monitor to another device, such as a different computer or a gaming console, using the same HDMI cable. If the issue persists on a different device, it further confirms a hardware problem with the monitor.
  • Factory Reset: Perform a factory reset on the dull monitor to revert it to its default settings. This can sometimes resolve software-related issues that might be causing the problem.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Alden,

Thank you so much Alden, I really appreciate your valuable feedback.

Unfortunately none of the solution option worked. 

1. There is no physical damage any.

2. I bought new CPU and all the drivers and firmware's are updated.

3. I already tries on another systems as well, but not resolved.

4. Tried factory reset as well. not worked out.

Unluckily none of the options  have been worked out. could you please suggest any other options?

Thank you again!!!

Chirag Bhadani

HP Recommended

Hi @ChiragBhadani,

Thank you for your response, 

This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.