Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsnart 310PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am experiencing all of the same display issues as those already posted i.e. display is too large and one of the prescribed troubleshooting suggestions change it. I also believe it to be related to an update 3-4 days ago. Help and suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @AnthonyM1

I see that you were interacting with @Barachiel. I'd like to help.

Check in bios screen,if the issue persists.

If the screen looks large, then it could be a possible hardware failure.

If not perform a push button reset, Click here and refer the document to know how to do that.

If the issue still persists, perform system recovery. refer the HP article to know how to perform system recovery.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@AnthonyM1

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you the screen size is too large and you are unable to adjust. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

Check if the issue appears on the BIOS screen.

(Restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS)

Uninstall and reinstall the video card driver.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Then restart the computer and try to install the display drivers from recovery manager from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01868333

Let me know how if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

SandyTech-Thank you for your suggestions but still have the same problem. I have had no hardware changes but the problem appears to have atarted following a Windows 10 Update in the last few days of November. So checke for updates, unimstalled the display driver etc but still no differences. To have areasonably balanced display i have set the resolution below the recommended setting. Any further suggestions willl be welcome.

HP Recommended

@AnthonyM1

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 
I appreciate your time and efforts.

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service. 

In this case, we could try doing a driver rollback.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Open device manager.

2. Right-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Drivers tab.

4. Click Roll Back Driver.

5. In the Driver Package rollback dialog box, click Yes.

Let me know if it worked out. 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Barachiel-thank you for your suggestion but sad to say that there was no change. I still have a lower resolution setting than recommended, just so that pictures/icons are not too large. I remember in XP when right click on the display you had a pic of a screen with display options 1 or 2 available to select, which would change the display settingss buti do not seem to have that option in Windows 10! Any other suggestions most welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi @AnthonyM1

I see that you were interacting with @Barachiel. I'd like to help.

Check in bios screen,if the issue persists.

If the screen looks large, then it could be a possible hardware failure.

If not perform a push button reset, Click here and refer the document to know how to do that.

If the issue still persists, perform system recovery. refer the HP article to know how to perform system recovery.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Took the reset option, which took me back to windows 7 but now back o Windows 10 and restoring files etc. It was a long winded option built is now fixed. Thanks

HP Recommended

@AnthonyM1

Thanks for writing back to us.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.