Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa0057c
Microsoft Windows 11

My screen blacks out every few seconds. After hitting right mouse button or the wheel a couple times, the screen returns to normal for a few seconds, then blacks out again. I have done a hard reset three times; the first time it cured the problem most of yesterday, but today the problem is back and hard reset is not helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Daveincolorado,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your HP Pavilion All-In-One computer's screen. There can be several reasons why the screen is blacking out sporadically. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Check the power and connections: Make sure that the power cable is securely connected to the computer and the electrical outlet. Additionally, check if the video cable (usually HDMI or VGA) is properly connected between the computer and the monitor.
  • Adjust power settings: Sometimes, power settings can cause the screen to turn off after a certain period of inactivity. Go to the power settings on your computer and adjust the display timeout or sleep settings to prevent the screen from going black too quickly.
  • Update graphics drivers: Outdated or faulty graphics drivers can cause display issues. Visit the official HP support website and download the latest graphics drivers for your specific model of the Pavilion All-In-One. Install the drivers and restart your computer.
  • Test with an external monitor: Connect an external monitor to your HP Pavilion All-In-One using the appropriate video cable. If the external monitor works fine without any blackouts, it may indicate a problem with the built-in display of your computer.
  • Run hardware diagnostics: HP computers often come with built-in hardware diagnostic tools. Restart your computer and look for an option like "System Diagnostics" or "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics" during startup. Run the comprehensive system test to check for any hardware issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Daveincolorado,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your HP Pavilion All-In-One computer's screen. There can be several reasons why the screen is blacking out sporadically. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Check the power and connections: Make sure that the power cable is securely connected to the computer and the electrical outlet. Additionally, check if the video cable (usually HDMI or VGA) is properly connected between the computer and the monitor.
  • Adjust power settings: Sometimes, power settings can cause the screen to turn off after a certain period of inactivity. Go to the power settings on your computer and adjust the display timeout or sleep settings to prevent the screen from going black too quickly.
  • Update graphics drivers: Outdated or faulty graphics drivers can cause display issues. Visit the official HP support website and download the latest graphics drivers for your specific model of the Pavilion All-In-One. Install the drivers and restart your computer.
  • Test with an external monitor: Connect an external monitor to your HP Pavilion All-In-One using the appropriate video cable. If the external monitor works fine without any blackouts, it may indicate a problem with the built-in display of your computer.
  • Run hardware diagnostics: HP computers often come with built-in hardware diagnostic tools. Restart your computer and look for an option like "System Diagnostics" or "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics" during startup. Run the comprehensive system test to check for any hardware issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

It helped to change the time out for the screen to 'Never" for both sleep and power; no more black outs.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.