Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-x005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day all,

I have a HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-x005na PC. It's screen recently got damaged by the kids and I need to replace the screen. I am also planning to upgrade the memory from 8GB to 16GB. I am planning to do this myself as I am into IT, although software development rather than hardware, but I have replaced few laptops screens and memories in the past. 

My main problem is the how to get the right part number and if possible, a video on DIY replacement for the screen and memory. Below are my PC specifications:

Model Number: 24-x005na

Product Number: 2XB32EA#ABU

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit

ISSUES

Damaged part to be replaced: Screen

Upgrade: Increase memory from 8GB to 16GB

Please can you advise on the right part number to purchase and if possible, DIY video to follow. Your advice and support will be appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Josh_Oris

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Memory uprade information 

· Dual channel memory architecture

· Two DDR4 SODIMM (260-pin) sockets

· Supports up to PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)

· Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB DDR4 SODIMMs

· Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems

NOTE:  

32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit systems

NOTE:  

Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

For the screen replacement, I recommend you contact the HP Support Team:

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.