Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone set up a dual monitor with their 910B25T series HP computer? Will an USB to VGA work?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Bamatide -- it depends on the exact model of your computer. What model do you have? I cannot match "910B25T" to any HP computer.

Does your computer have a "USB-C" port -- not the usual "USB-A" port (as used by a USB mouse) ?

USB-C is a high bandwidth connector, which is necessary to drive an external monitor.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the lack of info. It's an HP ENVY TouchSmart All in One-23-k300xt CTO. Based on looking at everything, yes I have an USB-C port.

HP Recommended

@Bamatide -- this seems to be your computer: HP ENVY Recline 23-k300xt TouchSmart All-in-One Product Specifications and Configurable Options | HP...

but this web-page says nothing about the USB ports.

At this point, all you can do is "try it", to see if it will work.  

Given the 2014 "vintage" of your system, I doubt it.  

Good luck. You may need it.

HP Recommended

hi @Bamatide 

is it like this ?

Hagia2 right I/O ports

• 1  USB 3.0: 2 (one is a USB boost for charging devices)
  • 2  Subwoofer output (not available on all models)
  • 3  USB 2.0: 2
  • 4  Ethernet port
  • 5  Hard drive activity LED

Hagia2 left I/O ports

• 1 Security lock slot
  • 2 DC input power port
  • 3 HDMI input
  • 4 Headphone and microphone combo port

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Note that none of those ports:

• USB 3.0: 2 (one is a USB boost for charging devices)
  • 2  Subwoofer ... 
  • USB 2.0: 2
  • 4  Ethernet ...
  • 5  Hard drive activity LED

are "USB-C" ports, and thus cannot be used to connect to a monitor.

HP Recommended

hi

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+connect+monitor+usb+3.0+vga 

There are solutions, but you have to find the right one
unless you have a very great need for this @Bamatide 
I would advise against wasting time looking for an adapter, which would not be suitable
But browse the search links, who knows?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.