• Γ—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
  • Γ—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion slimline
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

So recently I was on a hp S1931a and I pressed the yes button and this message popped up it said:input signal out of range change settings to 1366x768-60hz that **bleep**ed the monitor up and I did not understand why and how and it popped up again it keeps happening

Oh6_0-1620766851538.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Oh6

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Did you check with an alternate cable or another monitor to verify the issue?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

The message - "No Input Signal" is normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off). However, if the monitor displays any of these messagesβ€―when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong. 

Check with an alternate video cable (HDMI or VGA) 

If the issue persists, try the below steps: 

The display's resolution used by Windows has probably been set to a resolution that cannot be used by the monitor. Use the following steps to see if the monitor can display screens from safe mode: 

1. Cycle the power on the monitor as follows: 

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on. 

2. Unplug the power cord. 

3. Wait 5 seconds. 

4. Plug in the power cord. 

5. Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor. 

One of two things happens: 

• The image from the computer displays on the monitor and you can use the computer again. This indicates that the monitor was unable to detect that the computer had awakened from suspend mode. Turn the monitor off when it is not being used or disable suspend mode on the computer. For some computers, updating the BIOS can correct these types of suspending problems. 

OR 

• The power light on the monitor comes on but the screen displays one of the messages again. The monitor is not receiving a video signal from the computer that it can detect and use. Continue using these steps. 

2. If the computer is on, wait until the hard drive activity light on the computer is not lit and then press and hold theβ€―Powerβ€―button on the computer case until the computer turns off. 

3. If the monitor has a factory reset or restores options, set it. Press theβ€―Menuβ€―button on the front panel and selectβ€―Factory Reset. 

4. Wait 5 seconds and then turn on the computer by pressing theβ€―Powerβ€―button again. 

5. Adjust the Windows display resolution to a setting that is compatible with the monitor.

For more steps, Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click β€œ
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.