Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z40c G3 WUHD Curved Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I connected my work Laptop via Thunderbolt to the monitor. My Desktop PC has no Thunderbolt so I connected the Monitor via Display Port. Then I connected a USB-C to USB Cable as it says this would activate the USB Hub but nothing happens.

The PC is not recognizing the monitor. I also can't install the new firmware. HP Display Center is no problem as well as the HP Presence Video. When I open Presence Video it states no camera detected. Also the speakers are not working.  

Is there something I do the wrong way?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

Unfortunately I have the same problem and can not use the USB hub of the monitor. Neither via the USB-C port nor via the HDMI/DP and UBS-A to USB-C port.

Could you solve the problem in the meantime?

Thanks for your answer.

SAM

HP Recommended

It worked for a while. I connected my work laptop with the USB-C Thunder cable to the monitor. My desktop PC with a USB-C AND USB cable. Since an update on my laptop it is no more acknowledging the USB Ports of the monitor and the connected keyboard and mouse are only working for my PC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.