Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z 23n Monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community,

I am using HP Monitor Model Z 23n, I need to know if there is any software utility by which I can change display source from VGA to HDMI and vice versa.

Thanks,

Adnan

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
in which configuration, how do you use this screen to want to switch from one to the other?
The mode must be changed from the menu of the screen, I do not know if software exists, but it seems to me that this is the best way to go!
If you have only one computer, with this screen, I do not see the use of switching from one to the other?
If the monitor is used with two computers, the software would have to be on both, and that sounds like a bad idea !!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello,

Kindly find my reply on your feedback.

On "in which configuration, how do you use this screen to want to switch from one to the other?"

My Reply: I have 2 CPUs connected to one Monitor, one connected through VGA cable and the other through HDMI.

On "The mode must be changed from the menu of the screen, I do not know if software exists, but it seems to me that this is the best way to go!"

My Reply: Everyone knows that it can be done from Monitor's own menu, for me it is not the best way but yes currently this is the only way.

On  "If you have only one computer, with this screen, I do not see the use of switching from one to the other?"

My Reply: If this was the case, why would I have asked this question :).

On "If the monitor is used with two computers, the software would have to be on both, and that sounds like a bad idea !!"

My Reply: If there is a software and I have to install it on 2 computers, then this is the solution which I am looking for and sounds good to me.

The question is, Does HP has a software/utility for this?

HP Recommended

in this case i haven't tried it, but it may be possible with hp app HP Display Center

https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/p/hp-display-center/9nt6fq9kqf90?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Windows 10 operating system version 17763.0 or higher, Windows 10 version 17763.0 or higher

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks,I will give a try on Sunday, due to Public Holiday here.

HP Recommended

Ok, please inform me of the result, and validate the answer if it's ok.
Otherwise, I would gladly help you find something else if possible

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using Windows 7 on both CPUs.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

So it can't work it's microsft store app
I will try to find something else

[edit]

i can' t try :

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/c05393412.pdf

I don't know if there is the same option, but it seems relatively complete

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.