Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ran a Component Test upon start up. Touchscreen passed and worked perfectly. Problem is it wont work after Windows starts up and also I cant find it under Device Manager or HID Compliant Drivers. I really have no clue how to make this work

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

So you ran the touch test in diags and were able to touch all the orange squares ok?

If so, the you should see SOMETHING in device manager I would think. Anything disabled or not working properly should stand out from the device manager tree.

There aren't any drivers for the TS for Windows as Windows has them built in.

HP Recommended

I restarted and ran Diags again but the Touchscreen test wasn't there anymore. I went into test logs and there is a touchscreen log test with the date I ran it. 2 days ago. Any help is appreciated

HP Recommended

If you're not seeing the TS test as an option in diags anymore, then that means the system is NOT detecting a touch screen. This is a hardware issue. The only thing you can check without pulling it apart is that the INTERNAL USB ports ARE ENABLED in BIOS. (check under the security tab. F10 to get into BIOS)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.