Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-one 24-g080a (touchscreen)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello and please help!

When I first purchased my PC in 2017 it came equipped with a built-in camera and touchscreen which worked perfectly. However all of a sudden this year both the camera and touchscreen functions no longer work. My PC's specifications are included in the screenshot below (photo with yellow highlight).

The things I tried, unfortunately did not work:

- uninstalling the camera driver from Device Manager, restarting the PC and allowing Windows to automically re-install the missing drivers...this failed and left me without the camera driver.

- updating the touchscreen driver...system message: the best version of this driver is currently installed.

- resetting PC and allowing PC to remove all my data and documents...this did not work and also removed the touchscreen feature and migrated the touchscreen driver, displaying error 45.

- reinstalling Windows...this did not work.

- installing HP drivers for my PC model from HP support website: there is no camera driver available for download and the Touchscreen driver is the incorrect version and fails installation each time...this did not work.

- searching through Windows forums...no answers or resolutions available.

- searching through HP forums...no answers or resultions available.

- troubleshooting...no resolutions found.

The issue:

1. PC used to have Touch and Pen input available but now shows error (photo with yellow highlight) and displays driver error (photo with blue highlight).

2. PC has built-in camera which used to work but now shows error (photo with pink highlight) and uninstalled driver error (photo with green highlight).

Is there any way to fix these errors?

Annotation 2020-02-19 212849.jpg

Annotation 2020-02-19 214149.jpg

Annotation 2020-02-19 215017.jpgAnnotation 2020-02-19 215320.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you turn the PC on, go into BIOS (keep tapping F10). Once in there, arrow across to the Security tab and down to USB ports / Internal USB ports.

Make sure the INTERNAL USB PORTS are ENABLED. If they are DISABLED, then your touch screen and webcam WILL NOT BE RECOGNISED.

Please advise if this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.