Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r114
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Brand-new HP desktop, slightly over 24 hours old, first had an unresponsive touchscreen. I contacted HP support last night and the technician, through remote control of the newly set-up desktop, ended up resorting to doing a system restore on the system. Unfortunately, we lost connection, as the system restore process has continued uninterrupted now for 15 or so hours. Making my way back from work now, so haven't had a chance yet to see where it is right now, as to whether or not it got out of the system restore loop or not.

Now I probably should call HP support tonight to help with safely restoring the system, if it is indeed locked into a restore cycle. My plan, though, at this point is to recover the system back to where it can be operated, factory reset, then boxed back up for a return tomorrow to Best Buy.

While I've thankfully had pretty good experience with support, which is infinitely better than Dell so far, I am hoping that the unresponsive touchscreen issue isnt somehow a widespread issue with this model. 

For now, any helpful tips on quickly getting system out of the system restore cycle, and getting it to a point where it can be returned would be very helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good news: I have just returned from Best Buy a few hours ago with a new replacement PC, which thankfully has a functioning touchscreen.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Good news: I have just returned from Best Buy a few hours ago with a new replacement PC, which thankfully has a functioning touchscreen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.