cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
James_Wats2
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Turning off the video adjustment for lighting

HP Recommended
Envy 32 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do you disable the light adjustment on the video camera?  When I'm on a Zoom or Teams meeting, the video is constantly brightening and darkening the picture if I move just a little (changing the lighting slightly)??

5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,333 18,959 2,930 9,356
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@James_Wats2 , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
James_Wats2
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply - 

The product # is 3UQ95AA#ABA

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @James_Wats2!  Thank you for the additional information.

I reviewed all of the manuals and there didn't appear to be any instructions for changing the lighting adjustment.  I suggest that you open the On-Screen-Display (OSD) to see if there is a setting.  I believe the button for it is on the (right side facing) back of the computer.  There is likely a setting that is set to "Auto".  Also, there are video settings in Zoom that might help solve the problem.

James_Wats2
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the slow response - I took 2 weeks off for Christmas with my family. 

I was unable to find someplace in the OSD to disable the lighting / brightness on the video camera.  

But I did discover that the Camera on the machine is a HP 5M

And this info is listed in the driver section

Device USB\VID_30C9&PID_0006&MI_00\6&4997215&2&0000 was configured.

Driver Name: usbvideo.inf
Class Guid: {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: USBVideo.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF2002
Matching Device Id: USB\Class_0e
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: true
Parent Device: USB\VID_30C9&PID_0006\01.00.00

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hope you had a great time with your family!

The only other suggestion that I have is try to update the driver for the camera.  Go into Device Manager/Cameras/right click on the camera/Update driver/Search automatically for drivers.  If there is a newer driver it will be found and installed.  If not, it doesn't appear that much can be done.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation