Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
E273 Monitor
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

I have connected my new E273 monitor with MacBook Pro 13-inch macOS 10.15.5.  The usb ports in the monitor are not working. Is there any setting needs to be changed?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Check the Power Settings on the Monitor.  On the Z27 monitor I have it has a Performance and a Power Save setting.

If it is set to Power Save (the default) the USB ports are disabled.  You need to switch it to Performance.  I am not 100% sure the E273 monitors have the same setting but it's worth checking.

Monitor Power Save Setting.jpg

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi thank you for the suggestions but I'm not able to find performance and a Power Save setting option in E273. 

HP Recommended

Do we have any other solution for this?

HP Recommended

Which model of E273 do you have?  It looks like there is a E273 i,m,q and d.  With d being the one with the camera and such.

How is the MBP connected?  USB-C? Displayport?  HDMI?

The User Guide indicates that there should be a Power Control option in the On Screen Display menus on page 19.

I looked for any support documentation around USB issues and there do not seem to be any documented issues.

HP Recommended

Looks like documentation itself has the problem. I'm not getting any power mode option in the power control option. I'm getting the options shown in picture. I have tried to connect my system with HDMI and Displayport.  

This is the basic version without camera. E273: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07CG48R8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1WhatsApp Image 2020-07-20 at 10.05.03 AM.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi,

Are there any suggestions based on the menu in my monitor?

HP Recommended

You stated " I have tried to connect my system with HDMI and Displayport"

Neither HDMI or Displayport carry a USB signal.  You will need to connect to the USB-C port on the monitor from your computer.  I believe the monitor came with a USB-A to USB-C cable.  You would need to use this or a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect USB to your computer and use the USB ports on the monitor.

If you have a computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports, a single USB-C cable could carry USB and video to the monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.