Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a Omen desktop and when trying to hook up my Dell P2412H Monitor, my monitor keeps telling me there is no VGA cable.  I'm connecting the blue VGA from the monitor to a VGA/DVI-D adapter to attach to the Omen.  I've verified that the connections aren't loose, and that they are connecting correctly, but still get that message from the Monitor.  I know the monitor is working correctly from self-tests and it also works when I use a VGA/DVI-I adapter and attach that to an old Dell computer.    Maybe I can't connect my monitor this way?   Sorry if this is a silly question.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

As a note, I just saw there was an option to switch my monitor from VGA to DVI-D input, but switching to either one, still didn't work.

HP Recommended

@rodentsky 

What is your Omen machine ? What EXACTLY the cable do you use ? Your old Dell monitor only has following ports for video input:

• 1 Digital Visual Interface connectors (DVI-D) with HDCP
  • 1 Video Graphics Array (VGA)
  • 1 USB 2.0 upstream port
  • 2 USB 2.0 downstream ports
  • DC power connector for Dell Soundbar

I need to know available ports on your Omen

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you

I have the OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - 875-0030qd
https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-desktop-pc-875-0030qd-4wp44av-1?fbclid=IwAR23XdRL1DuggRw0YIji1fY...

I know the Omen needs a DVI-D connectionomen_dvid_port.jpgvga_dvid_adapter3.jpgdell_vga2.jpgvga_dvid_adapter2.jpgvga_dvid_adapter.jpgdell_vga.jpg

I'm not entirely positive on the cable for the Dell Monitor, but i'm pretty sure it's a VGA cable

Attached are some pictures of the cable from the monitor (the blue one), and the VGA/DVI-D adapter i'm trying to use (the white one)

HP Recommended

Not sure why the images aren't showing up.  Let me try again.
Okay, no luck with the images.  Don't know why they aren't showing up.  Not getting any error message when it shows the preview or when i hit send 😞  Sorry about that.

dell_vga.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.