Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0650nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to game and in general use the computer since 07/12/2020 (update 457.51 on the nvidia driver). 

Updated the HP BIOS through the HP assistant and Windows through windows update.

I've done the DDU method, i've cleaned my RAM sticks and PSU so both are ruled out from the issue.

anytime i boot up a game or just watch videos on youtube my monitors proceed to lose signal. when i disable the RTX 2060 i don't have the issue but what is the use of buying a 1400 euro gaming pc if can't game on it....

Ive uninstalled the display adaper aka the video card and restarted the pc. ive factory reset too and updated to the latest drivers. And still no results. When i search for service centers in my area they dont even accept full on products like this because they only do printers like.... bro tf? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

what PSU is there, watts.

is the 2060 cables , top rear AUX 6/8 pin power jack cables in place? they must be this is FIRST THING check.

what game fails,  please  name it, I have 50 here, about 1/2 I can crash, doing wild things in the game on purpose.

my metro LL game does not ever crash, no matter what.

PC not overheating right, check that,

does game unstated crash on cold PC or hot or just on one place of game or doing certain acts? 

run furmark on this PC,  crash?

wow youtube now that is serious, bad fail, and should not.  so forget games fix this.

here is the best test FIY

https://www.passmark.com/products/performancetest/index.php

run that, I bet it fails.

if yes, bingo bad HW or bad driver.

HW is first, always for ever and ever, and that begins at PSU.

the 2060 uses 175watts of power all by itself, and a PSU best is 400 watts up. (200 for mob and 200 for card)

round numbers,. easy.

that GPU card what brand is it, HP? 12 maker of card so  must be HP card but is it? brands matter for 2 reasons

drivers matches and AUX power jacks used, and pin counts.

the real maker NVIDIA shows 160w and 500watt PSU demand on their website.

under full spec.

then shows 1x 8pin power jack AUX.  all 8 pins must be wired to PSU, no blank pins allowed ever on AUX jacks.

6 for 6 and 8 for 8,  fully populated.

real NVIDIA.

the 2060 or the 2060 SUPER they are NOT the same (but driver is), best when talking about GPU cards is post the SKU tag

maker and full model number then things get way more easy. for sure. 

Driver Version: 460.79 - Release Date: Wed Dec 09, 2020  your driver is  whooping 7 days (old) 😎

I do feel your pain and $400 GPU cards must not fail.

make sure the power cables to that card are reSEATED. (ac cord pulled from wall)

they the newer driver,. 460.

last ,  remove the old driver (uninstall) in DM device manager

reboot and install 460 CLEAN./

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

hp parts surfer told me

500watt PSU ,new on the PC box.

day 1.

and

Graphics Card -NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6GB FH x16 G6

a true NVIDIA card not the other 11 maker of cards and sub models endless.

now  I know what is there.

seems drivers are weak with so many changes fast, so I call bleeding edge of technology there. Id even join their NVidia forum and ask them what's up doc.

or see of others there have the same BEEF (GPU useless)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.