Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 23se-d394
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Initially I was trying to display this all-in-one on a television, but according to the product specs on HP's website the HDMI port on this is actually an HDMI out. Not what I wanted, but cool, I can use this as a display since it's higher resolution than my TV anyway! Only problem being that I can't figure out how to get it into "monitor mode", so to speak. It's an HP ENVY 23se-d394.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

there should be an HDMI in port on the right side of the system. of course this is dependent on the model.  according to this link If yours has it the HDMI in is located on the right side of the system and there is an input select button right above it as well.

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

@MajorasMax wrote:

.... Initially I was trying to display this all-in-one on a television, but according to the product specs on HP's website the HDMI port on this is actually an HDMI out. Not what I wanted, but cool, I can use this as a display since it's higher resolution than my TV anyway! Only problem being that I can't figure out how to get it into "monitor mode", so to speak. ..

@MajorasMax

No, you need a machine which has HDMI IN to be able to switch to monitor mode.

But does it have the following port on the right

Source:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03932536

If yes, you can connect your PS4 to that port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I'm a doof, I meant an HDMI in. Yeah, I have that, and I put the HDMI in there but none of the input buttons above it seem to do anything. No matter how or when I click them, there's no response or indication that it's done anything.

HP Recommended

there should be a button on the right that allows you to change the input.  second from the top should be it.

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

So if it's no, cause it most definitely is no with my model HP 19 all in one PC. Ihas 3 or 5 USB ports but no hdmi. Will the right adapter work for me to get my ps4 Pro to run on the monitor? Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.