Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY All in One 32 a00-55
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am connecting my laptop via HDMI in to use the desktop as a separate monitor. Is there any way to make use of the integrated HP webcam? Programs seem to only recognize the one on the laptop.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Taboni22 Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Let me get this straight, do you mean you've got the all in one desktop connected to a laptop, and use the laptop's webcam for your desktop? if not, please elaborate for better understanding, as by design using the webcam as such would not be possible.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product name : HP ENVY All-in-One 32-a0xxx

Product number : 3UQ84AA#ABA

Thanks for the reply!  I have the all in one desktop connnected to a laptop via HDMI in.  I want to use the all in one's webcam instead of the laptop one but I can't find a way to override the laptops one.  Not sure if its possible but thought I would try.  I can redirect the audio to use the all in ones speakers but not the webcam.

Hope that makes sense

HP Recommended

@Taboni22 Check if you can change the camera being used by each app using the below steps:

• To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start  button, and then select Camera in the list of apps.

• If you want to use the camera within other apps, select the Start  button, select Settings  > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 

• From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera.

Keep me posted.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Those apps are enabled to use the camera but the camera they are accessing is the one in the laptop, not the one in the All In One.   I don't have an option to switch to the camera in the All In One.   I could understand if that applied to all peripherals, but I do have the option of which speaker to choose (laptop or all in one) so I figured I could choose either camera as well.

HP Recommended

@Taboni22 This may require advanced troubleshooting to customize the settings, and as we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: click here for details 

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.