Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
P6500z Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

"No Signal" message comes up  on monitor and then fades away.  Have checked monitor, works very well; checked VGA cable works correctly (hooked them to another computer); have tried new mother board; new processor, new memory, all to no avail.  The only thing I have not done is replace the HD or the power supply.  All fans run when powered up.  I think I can hear the HD wind up.  No beeps, bleeps or other noises.  Just a black screen.  What the heck is going on?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Are you using onboard graphics. Sometimes they don't activate unless there is a sequence of items enabled/disabled in the setup. If it is onboard, try disable uefi, make tpm visible. This happened to me once and clearing the cmos /removing the bios battery etc didn't work but getting the right setup settings in order eventually worked.

HP Recommended

Not sure how I can make those "settings" when there is no display.  I get only a black screen.  Am wondering if the power supply is bad even though all the fans run and you can hear the HD wind up.  Have tried new Motherboard, new processor, new memory and nothing seems to solve the problem.  Only thing left is a new power supply or new HD.  Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Can you install a graphics card to access the setup.

HP Recommended

Tried that.  Still get no signal as before.

HP Recommended

You're down to the power supply, bizarre though.

HP Recommended

Bizarre does not cover this at all.  Just completely weirdo.  Have a poser supply on order.  Should get it next week and will give it a try.  Everybody cross their fingers and send good juju this way.

HP Recommended

Please let us know, sometimes it's an exorcist you need rather than an engineer.

Good luck!!

HP Recommended

Well, I guess the saga continues.  Replaced the power supply and still no signal.  Then for some strange reason, after opening and closing the cd/video disc drawer by mistake the signal came back.  Ran the computer for about 30 minutes.  Booted it up today,  went through and cleaned out some old and unused programs and did a Windows 7 update.  Windows 7 required a "restart", so I did a restart...........we are right back where we started!  No signal to the monitor.  When the computer is powered up the "HD" indicator light blinks about three time, goes out then blinks one more time.  No signal, no blips, no sounds.  Just a blank black screen.  HELP!!!!!

HP Recommended

That's far out.

Would the case be shorting out?

Some boards have the reset button connected via the back of the dvd, would this be similar?

Three blinks is memory for hp.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.