Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP DC5700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Is there a compatible PCI Graphics card that I can install in my HP DC5700 MicroTower, possible with an HDMI,DVI or both ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the PCI-E will not or is not compatible with this PC ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are correct.

What looks like a PCIe x16 slot is for a DVI ADD2 SDVO single head Graphics Adapter (SDVO connector).

Now, if you just want DVI output, this is the card you can install in that slot...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/359301-003-Sil1364-Orion-ADD2-N-PCI-e-DVI-Low-Profile-Video-Card/1837902707...

You should be able to install a legacy PCI card that would work with the legacy BIOS your PC comes with.

I don't have any recommendations, and the one that is supported in your model only has DVI and S-Video ports.

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 55 64MB PCI low profile DVI w/TV-Out.

You would want to look for any nvidia GT 6xx model or older or any AMD Radeon HD 6xxx or older.

One that would work with the300W  power supply your PC has.

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks so much for your feed back.

Please, I'm a little confused in regards to using the Nvidia GT 6xx series, (should this not be GTX ?) as I see there are all PCI-e or if this will work can I use any one of these.......

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-620/specifications

I have 2 old video cards part number  HP  672461-001 & HP 5188-8004, the PC responded that it does not support this type of video card, that why I ask  ?? these cards seems to be PCI-e

Thanks 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You would have to find a PCI version of a video card.

No PCI express card will work.

I have no idea what GPU's have PCI options.

The nvidia GT 6xx and Radeon HD 6xxx recommendations are those that would not require your PC to have a UEFI BIOS in order to work.

You may have to go far back such as an AMD Radeon HD 4xxx graphics adapter to find a PCI version.

I would look for used but tested and working models because they are very expensive new, and not worth the money for the lousy performance they offer out of the slow PCI slot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.