Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E243m 23.8-inch Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not sure where to post this question. This monitor includes an integrated pop-up webcam.  I have a Surface 4 Pro with a docking station and I use the montitor while docked. The camera isn't accessible to any of the software running on my computer and checking the device manager I see this in the device status window.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I cannot find any software or driver updates for this web camera nor can I find an appropriate forum listed.

What are my options?

Bill_Hayes

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Bill_Hayes ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Follow this link and install the drivers for the monitor and let me know. 🙂

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the almost the same problem.  I have a E243m monitor, with webcam, but the webcam is not being noticed by Windows 7.  I have HP Elitebook docked to HP Dock, with montior connected, but webcam is never noticed by system.  I have downloaded drivers, installed display assistant but nothing seems to work.  Can anyone help with this matter?  I even downloaded the new Firmware update 1.0.3.3d Rev.A but it failed on launch stating Error Camera Device Not Match. 

So nothing works?

HP Recommended

Hello - I just purchased the HP EliteDisplay E243m Monitor. I purchased this specifially because it has a video camera that I can use for video calls. Also, I spoke with an HP rep and they said this camera could be used with skype, facetime, zoom, google hangouts, whatsapp. However, I can't get the camera to even turn on. I'm using the display from my MacBook. Please help. I hope I will not need to return or poorly rate this product. Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Installing the driver also does not work.  Can you please provide a link on how to get the web cam working whilst connected to a laptop?

HP Recommended

you need to use an attentional USB 3.0 A-Male to B-Male cable for the webcam

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.