cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Jan_Cornelis
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Webcam on E243M Monitor not working

HP Recommended
E243M EliteDisplay
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just connected a new HP E243M monitor to a Dell XPS 15 laptop but the laptop does not seem to "know" the built-in webcam on the monitor is there, meaning for instance that I can not select the monitor webcam when I set up a Zoom or Skype meeting (only the laptop webcam is available). I have tried DP, VGA and HDMI cables.

3 REPLIES 3
stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 13 52
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may need a usb cable along with the video cables and a driver for the camera.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jan_Cornelis
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Steve. I already tried a USB cable in addition to the DP one. Re the driver I don't see anything relevant under my product on the HP website. Can you advise where to get this?

stevecomputer
Level 5
321 318 13 52
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check in the control panel / device manager / and across the top menus to to view then show hidden devices.  See if the camera shows up in there or has any warning symbol like a red x or yellow exclamation mark. While the device manager is open, plug in and out the monitor and see if anything is changing in there.  If it's not showing up  in the device manager try the usb cable also again.  https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/hp-elitedisplay-e243m-23.8-inch-monitor/18164494/manuals the manual and software links are here I think.  

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation