Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 23 Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Given the COVID-19 environment,  I am having to use my camera more and more. The display is SUPER grainy and not sharp at all and colors look a bit off. I know it's the computer b/c my laptop and my phone display much more sharp true color images. Others from their computer are sharp so I know it's me. I have cleaned the front of the webcam and changed lighting and nothing works. BTW, it looks crappy on Zoom, Hangouts or any platform I am on. It's not choppy it's just the resolution is HORRIBLE. No there is no protective covering over it either. I saw that too as a possible "solution". 

Is it the quality of the HP (I hope not)? How can I fix this?

THANKS!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Bumping for some type of answers or suggestions please. Do I purchase another camera? What do I do?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem, I will return the laptop if I cannot get a resolution on this, I am a Yoga teacher and video quality is essential.

HP Recommended

@eli4 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with webcams.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

The webcam works, but the image is too dark or the video is choppy.

If the image is too dark, take the following actions:

• Make sure your video recording environment has good lighting.

• Change the image quality, brightness, contrast, and other adjustments in the webcam software.

To resolve problems with choppy playback, take the following actions:

• Reduce the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Use a high-speed Internet connection.

• Do not use other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

To troubleshoot other video quality problems, refer to one of the following HP support documents:

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.