Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3153cl
Microsoft Windows 11

This issue first started when I updated my laptop to windows 11 from 10. It began as visual glitches when I moused over something in chrome. It has now evolved into random track-pad movement can cause the screen to go black. The black screen will continue until I find a "sweet spot" where the screen display returns, this also happens with a USB mouse so it cannot be a track-pad issue. If I use the touch screen the issue never happens and if I connect to external monitor or remote into the computer the display from the computer is unaffected, only the laptop's display. Since the laptop's display only begins to show the issue when the mouse is moved, it also cannot be the internal display. I have updated the video drivers from the hp site for my specific laptop. I have disable all track-pad software. I have also done some research and had little success with app readiness being disabled. Anyone have ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just did a sfc /scannow command and it found a corrupted file that was repaired, that seems to have corrected the problem.

For anyone who might have a similar issue you may want to give a try.

Open CMD as administrator and type in sfc /scannow.

From there just let the system file checker do it's thing.

It's a windows tool that will compare your window files to a known good copy.

If you may want more info on sfc, try to google it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

According to specifications here, your  HP Pavilion - 15-Cs3153cl has no windows 11 drivers released yet.  

That being said,  it is likely the windows 10 driver, 21.2.28.7 Rev.G, will work fine. 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111089.exe

Bring up the device manager and locate your Elan touchpad driver.  If it is already 21.2.28.7 Rev.G then try the one from microsoft. https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=elan%20touchpad

Possibly windows 11 update put in 28.12.3.1, if so, then remove it and use that windows 10 one I first posted

reboot and test

report your results

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I just did a sfc /scannow command and it found a corrupted file that was repaired, that seems to have corrected the problem.

For anyone who might have a similar issue you may want to give a try.

Open CMD as administrator and type in sfc /scannow.

From there just let the system file checker do it's thing.

It's a windows tool that will compare your window files to a known good copy.

If you may want more info on sfc, try to google it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.