Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27q
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought a monitor. When I turn on the feature FreeSync. Brightness, Contrast, Saturation becomes very strong. If I change the Brightness ot Contrast  or Saturation, the function FreeSync will turn off. I tried to configure through the program HP My Display, the result is the same. How to enable this feature FreeSync but be able to change the Brightness, Contrast, Saturation? If this is not possible, how to contact the developers to fix this flaw in the firmware or in the program HP My Display. Sorry for my English

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Fmx,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Also, I request you to follow the steps below.

• Perform the following steps to enable AMD FreeSync setting:
  • Navigate to the Windows desktop.
  • Right-click the Windows desktop and select the AMD Radeon setting.
  • Select the Display tab and choose AMD FreeSync.
  • Click AMD FreeSync to change the setting to On.
  • Then check whether you can change the settings here.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. Thanks for attention. The FreeSync function is enabled on the video card and is working properly. I have an Nvidia 1030 video card, with support for the AMD FreeSync feature and everything works. If the brightness on the monitor changes the contrast or saturation, after turning on the Gaming FreeSync mode on the monitor, the monitor immediately disables this feature and displays a message that the FreeSync option is disabled. The monitor stops working with the FreeSync function if you change any brightness parameter of the contrast or saturation. For example, at night or when watching a movie, if I want to change the brightness, saturation or contrast, the monitor immediately stops working with the FreeSync option. The FreeSync option on the monitor works if you select the Gaming FreeSync mode in the menu, at which the brightness and color saturation becomes very strong and if you decrease the brightness or saturation, this function is immediately disabled. With the FreeSync option turned on, you cannot adjust the brightness and saturation and this is a significant drawback, however, I believe that with the release of the new firmware or with the update in the HP My Display software, this can be fixed, but for this you need to let the developers know about this serious drawback.

HP Recommended

@Fmx,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Message received.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.