Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: ENVY All-in-One 27b212na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • HP Case Number: [edited]
  • Serial Number: [edited]
  • Product Number: 7GS76EA
  • Product Description: HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b212na 
  • I purchased the above about a week ago from HP.com and have transferred all my files from my old HP Envy and installed all the windows and HP updates. However, since doing this the images [including those in my Affinity Photo software] have a yellow/orange tint. I have since tried uninstalling all of the updates but this has made no difference and all the display settings are as they should be. There were reports I found on the internet that related to a similar problem with Lenovo computers some time ago. The effect is similar to what happens when Night Light is turned on but not so pronounced and I have since turned this off anyway. A case has been opened with HP Support who were supposed to ring me back with a solution but no response so far. Any ideas anyone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vauxpedia

Glad to know that the display quality improved. However, if the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for further assistance:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@vauxpedia, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Since you have already tried all the possible troubleshooting steps, let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. Perform System Test > Extensive test.

If the tests pass, run Component test > Video. Share the result on your next post.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

Thank you for the reply, I'm sorry for my delayed response but the first diagnostic took a very long time to complete.

The results were as follows:

Processor check - PASSED

Wireless module check - PASSED

Hard drive SMART check - PASSED

Hard drive short distance check - PASSED

Hard drive optimized distance check - PASSED

Hard drive long-distance check - PASSED

Memory extended long-distance check - PASSED [tested 15.6GB]

System board check - PASSED

Video memory check - PASSED

Component test - PASSED

current version 7.2.1.0

In addition, I have scanned an image using my HP printer and in order to eliminate the yellow tint, it is necessary to increase the brightness control in the dialogue box from 0 to 30.

Regards

David

HP Recommended

@vauxpedia

All tests have passed, its not a hardware issue, create a backup of all personal data and reinstall windows using the steps from this link: Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20,

Thanks for the response.

I reinstalled windows 10 as you suggested and before I allowed any updates or reloaded any apps I checked on an image in my files and the problem was unfortunately still the same. I have now downloaded all the updates & apps and the problem is exactly the same.

Regards

David

HP Recommended

@vauxpedia

Does this issue occur on the BIOS screen as well?

Have you tried connecting an external monitor and check if the issue persists?

Keep me posted

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

Thanks for sticking with this! As far as I can tell the BIOS screen is normal but to be fair there are no images displayed but the colours seem to be OK. When I connect another monitor the effect is the same and if I connect my previous HP PC and switch from one PC to the other using the exact same image on both machines on my new PC the effect is clear to see and is perfect on the old PC.

As a very rough workaround so that I can continue working on my new PC I have altered the advanced display settings to the following:

Modes - set to Custom

Adjust - Brightness reduced by 10 to 90, Contrast increased to by 40 to 90 with Black stretch off

Colour White point set to Custom

This reduces the yellowing effect a little but does mean stored images are somewhat washed out and using the scanner the image brightness needs increasing by 10points [before this change it was 30 to 40]

Hope this info helps.

Regards

David

HP Recommended

@vauxpedia

If the issue does not occur in BIOS, it may not be a hardware issue. Let us also try these steps which may help.

1. Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings

2. Click "Advanced display settings" at the bottom of the settings window.

display settings advanced

3. Verify that your monitor is set to the recommended, native resolution. If it's not, set it to the recommended resolution at least for this calibration process.

display settings resolution

4. Click "Color calibration" at the bottom of the advanced display settings window.

display settings color calibration

5. Click Next to start the colour calibration.

calibration1

The wizard will walk you through adjusting your colour settings. You'll:

• Set the display to the factory default colour settings, if your monitor allows you to do that
  • Adjust your display's gamma to match a sample image

calibration gamma

• Adjust the brightness and contrast

calibration brightness

Adjust the color balance

calibration balance

At the end of the wizard, click Finish to save your settings.

calibration finish

You'll then be able to calibrate ClearType for sharper text.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

I have completed the suggested display calibration adjustments and saved them as a new setting. By doing this and then adjusting the advanced HP Display settings to full for brightness & contrast and with the black stretch set to low the problem is minimized still further to what had been achieved with your previous suggestions. Getting closer to a solution!

Regards

David

HP Recommended

@vauxpedia

Glad to know that the display quality improved. However, if the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for further assistance:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.