Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z240 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system came with a Nvidia PCIe card. I would like to remove this card and use the integrated graphics. Whenever I remove the PCIe the system will just beep, and the integrated wouldn't work. I went in the bios but cannot find anything to enable the integrated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please remove the serial number from your previous post - PMs are okay as we will not reveal confidential information but please don't post it here.

Looking at that the processor is a Xeon E3-1240V5 which does not include integrated graphics. Xeon processors do not have integrated graphics as part of their design.

Because of this the system is throwing a POST error when you remove the discrete graphics card since it is not detecting a valid GPU present.

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Googly,

That will depend on the type of processor you have. Do you know what type is installed?

If you are unsure you can PM me your serial number (please do not post here) and I can review your specifications.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please remove the serial number from your previous post - PMs are okay as we will not reveal confidential information but please don't post it here.

Looking at that the processor is a Xeon E3-1240V5 which does not include integrated graphics. Xeon processors do not have integrated graphics as part of their design.

Because of this the system is throwing a POST error when you remove the discrete graphics card since it is not detecting a valid GPU present.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank You.

So the 3 x HD Display connectors are just there for show....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.