Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP h8-1549
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi...My desktop came with an installed graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 7570) and it currently runs my two monitors very well (one at 3840x1200 and the other, 2560x1080). I want to add a third monitor (another 3840x1200), but I don't know what GPU to get. Any suggestions? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

no monitors stated by you ,maker  and model.

no ports used, HDMI and DP I hope but what>?

is this for 3 monitor CANVAS mode???????

the card must support this,  newegg dot com sells them and specs them pretty good.

but no port told by you. yet.

learn that DP can let you daisy chain them,  ended new card needs, if card is DP now.

DP means display port

VGA,DVI/HDMI,/DP.   DP is best for sure in always now and future,  run DP if wise but if not wanting to sell old monitors sure.

google using 3 monitors 1 PC and say canvas mode if true.

the limit is MOBO and bios here, and GPU card, and the monitors used, and modes selected.

tell what you have now fully using full model numbers. and ports used and if using adapters.

AMD Radeon HD 7570  (many are 2 port  DVI and DP (single bevel) 12 makers of cards and vast port choices,

one other card that name, is:\

1x DVI
1x HDMI
1x VGA

lots of cards sold that name not the same (as in lots of submodels)

I can not guess any of that, we need to see it all, even photos of rear of PC,  wow.

good  luck

why not read the great answer.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/three-monitors-on-amd-radeon-7570.1300201/

what you use it for not told and is first. NOT TOLD yet.

and mirror mode or canvas mode or ?  use is everything an is always first. to say,

some even do presentation modes or projectors, and lots lots more.

Id go DP all the way so it is more useful  now and future.

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

btw - the version of my current graphics card is 15.200.1045.0 (2015-06-22), and HP Support Assistance says its memory is 5,873 MB...but on another Diagnostic Report (by Norton), the memory is supposedly  -2048 MB ?? Not sure what to make of it. 

HP Recommended

According to the spec page for that PC HP h8-1549 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-h8-1500-desktop-pc-series/5330773/model/5331406/documen...

It states "Supports up to three displays at the same time"  Shown outputs for the card are:

DisplayPort resolution: 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz

HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p)

Analog VGA resolution (with adapter): 2048 x 1536 x 32bpp at 60Hz

Chances of getting a "third monitor (another 3840x1200)" are remote.  The GIGABYTE GTX 750 Ti, which should work, has 4 monitor support but I did not find that high of resolution for all three monitors.  Other options include a USB to DVI adapter with Up to 2048x1152 resolution at 60Hz refresh rate, but depending on what is being viewed on the third monitor, that option might not work well for gaming or video as it might lag in some places.

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-2048x1152-1920x1080/dp/B00A2E1MQA/ref=pd_lpo_147_t...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

no monitors stated by you ,maker  and model.

no ports used, HDMI and DP I hope but what>?

is this for 3 monitor CANVAS mode???????

the card must support this,  newegg dot com sells them and specs them pretty good.

but no port told by you. yet.

learn that DP can let you daisy chain them,  ended new card needs, if card is DP now.

DP means display port

VGA,DVI/HDMI,/DP.   DP is best for sure in always now and future,  run DP if wise but if not wanting to sell old monitors sure.

google using 3 monitors 1 PC and say canvas mode if true.

the limit is MOBO and bios here, and GPU card, and the monitors used, and modes selected.

tell what you have now fully using full model numbers. and ports used and if using adapters.

AMD Radeon HD 7570  (many are 2 port  DVI and DP (single bevel) 12 makers of cards and vast port choices,

one other card that name, is:\

1x DVI
1x HDMI
1x VGA

lots of cards sold that name not the same (as in lots of submodels)

I can not guess any of that, we need to see it all, even photos of rear of PC,  wow.

good  luck

why not read the great answer.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/three-monitors-on-amd-radeon-7570.1300201/

what you use it for not told and is first. NOT TOLD yet.

and mirror mode or canvas mode or ?  use is everything an is always first. to say,

some even do presentation modes or projectors, and lots lots more.

Id go DP all the way so it is more useful  now and future.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thanks for asking those questions, it made me look for the right answers by considering the max resolution & fps for the connection & cables being used. Ultimately, DP's are the way to go but I now understand the limits of the other connections, and what I can get away with. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.