Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27xi IPS LED Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got the HP Pavilion 27xi IPS LED Backlit Monitor at work, working on a computer running Windows 10. I'm pretty tech-saavy, but I cannot figure out how to adjust the brightness! I've tried the F9/F10 function; doesn't work. I then thought it might be an issue with the driver, so I went to Settings -> Displays -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adaptor Properties -> Monitor (tab) -> Properties -> Driver (tab) -> Update Driver but got the "The best driver software for your device is already installed" message.

Under the Settings -> Displays screen, there's no option for adapting the brightness and I've scoured the forums, but none of the solutions presented are working.

Should I manually install an older version of the driver software? Any other potential solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @lp2016,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.  I understand that you are looking for help with the brightness settings for your display in Windows 10.  I am happy to help with this.

When you go to Settings > System > Display, ids there not an "Adjust brightness level " slider just above the Apply and Cancel buttons?

Otherwise you can try searching for the Power Options. When the Power Option window comes up, there should be a "Screen brightness" slider there as well.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Had a similar issue and downloading HP display drivers was ineffective.  After feeling around the edges of the monitor for buttons I found some hidden display control buttons, they are located in the lower right of the monitor next to the power button.  You have to tap on that area and then the buttons light up which allow you to adjust display settings like brightness.

Page 9 of the HP Pavilion 27xi user manual shows where the front panel controls are.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem too. The adjustment controls are hidden until you tap four inches to the left of the power button. Here is the manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04542254

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.