Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 24 x0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys! I need your help!

Camera is not working! The system says "We can't find your camera!" I tried all the solutions and none of them worked. Ultimately I uninstalled the driver for the camera. My question is: what driver for the camera do I need?

Thank you very much!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @suarez10

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

What is the exact model number of the PC you are using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Power reset the PC

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected. 
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 
4) Plug-in the Adapter. 
5) Try to turn on the computer. 

Check for any pending Windows update on the PC

Install updates using HP Support Assistant which install all the required drivers on the PC

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  Try using the camera.

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same. 

Check in device manager if the webcam is detected.

• Search windows for 'Device manager' > Click Imaging devices
  • If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.
  • If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, Use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the Webcam was working properly. If problems persist, the webcam may have become unplugged internally and requires service.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumaro307!

Thanks for your support! I tried all the variants that you gave me and many more. Nothing worked!

Among other things, I ran HP PC Hardware Diagnostic but everything seems to be ok.

Lastly I ran Driver Easy that says there are two unplugged drivers and many more outdated.

Unplugged drivers: Realtek DMFT-IR and Realtek DMFT-RGB. Are they the cause of the issues?

So keep in mind, there is no Camera in Device Manager as there are no Imaging devices.

I know nothing about this but I think it's a software issue. Here's why: there was a time when the Camera appeared in Device Manager but when the Windows update ended the updates, the camera disappeared again.  I was there and I saw this.

So what should I do?

One more thing: the "Camera" button in Settings, Apps & features seems to have no function

Thank you very much!

I was not very determined if I had to press the "Accept as Solution" button but I think the solution given by you could help others guys.

HP Recommended

@suarez10, thank you for the response.

Kindly provide the exact model number of your PC

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Did you run the webcam test from the hardware diagnostics test page?

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform Component Test > Webcam. 

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

KUMARO307, thank you for your help!

1. Done.

2. Model = HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-x0xx

3. Interesting things happened here:

- I already used today HP PC Hardware Diagnostic but wasn't any component "webcam" to test in "Component test"

- I did this again after reading what you said. Surprise: the webcam was there! . I tested it. It passed the test. When I turned on the computer the Camera lights went on and I thought it would work but no, the camera didn't work

- I accessed the "Component test" again but the "webcam" was not there anymore, it had disappeared. 

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@suarez10,

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The_Fossette, thank you very much!

I will try this next few days!

HP Recommended

@suarez10,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi guys!

Thank you everyone for trying to help me! But it does not work! I am disappointed and also frustrated.

What do we know now?

- Camera it doesn't work ( I think after Windows Update)

- HP PC Hardware Diagnostic can't find anything (there is no "webcam" in "Component test")

- There is no Camera in Device manager

- There is no Imaging device in Device manager 

- The "Camera" button from "Settings - Apps & features" is inactive (for example you can't uninstall Camera because there is no active button for that) 

- I used Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly - the camera it does not work.

The last thing to do: reinstalling the webcam software that came with the computer and updating all the drivers.

I searched "HP Customer - Support Software and Driver Downloads" but there is no camera or drivers for camera for my computer (maybe I didn't know what to look for!).

The computer is HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-x005na having Windows 10 64 bit. 

So is there anyone who can tell me where the  camera software and drivers to download from?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@suarez10

Thank you for posting back. 

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-24-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc... to download the IR camera driver-Realtek.

If this fails, Then the last thing I can suggest trying to restore the computer back to the factory settings. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.