Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version: 22621.1105 

No error messages , updates performed as requested , opened "folders " shortcut  ,display lists drives internal and external as expected but then lists them again. Anyone know why?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

please give pictures !

How to capture an image, and s...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Here is Screenshot as you requested

Screenshot_20230207_101125.png

HP Recommended

yes, well I don't understand, we see here the list of your external devices , but twice ..

To check, since not tried for a while, I reconnected my external drive, and I found the same thing, it was not the case before!
I think it's after an update, but since I haven't connected it for a long time..
I look if I find something, for the moment, I tested two options, but not better!
a new microsoft bug!

[edit]

it seems to be normal, new display system, two levels, if you click on this pc it is a little better

ce pc double.gif

You need to modify the registry key:

Windows key + R and type regedit

Registry Editor" left the registry keys and right the value

find the key on the left:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders

{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} it is necessary to modify, rather than delete, in case

right click on this key then "Rename" and you write "old " just before the key (or any other character), as follows:

old {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}

Capture d’écran 2023-02-07 170159.png
we close the registry editor, and that's it

ce pc double stop.gif

be careful because modifying the editor is not without risk
plan at least one backup before

Create a restore point

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/ish_2026000-1498532-16

I did it, without, but I can manage in case of problem, for me there was no problem, but I would not like to be responsible for a disaster..
do it only if you think you can do it without problem
, I don't find it very complicated, but you never know!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.