Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 32 Monitor

Whenever I try to change any settings on my monitor it keeps resetting instantly. It’ll stay changed for a couple of seconds, then the screen will go back and whatever I changed will reset to standard. For example, the sound will reset to 20. 

As of recent the buttons seem to have stopped working altogether on the side of my monitor, I’d like any advice possible to do with this. Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rhyce, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us reset the monitor to its factory settings: 

To access the OSD and make adjustments, do the following:

1. If the monitor is not already on, press the Power button to turn on the monitor.

2. To access the OSD menu, press the Menu button on the right side of the monitor or on the remote control.

3. To navigate through the OSD menu, press the + (Plus) button on the monitor’s side panel or on the remote control to scroll up, or the – (Minus) button to scroll down.

4. To select an item from the OSD menu, use the + or – buttons to scroll to and highlight your selection, then press the Menu button to select that function.

Go to Management: Adjusts the audio settings and returns all OSD menu settings to the factory default settings.

Let me know how it goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried doing this, it didn’t work at all sadly. Whenever I try to input ANYTHING, through buttons on the tv or on the remote it just resets itself as if it is repeatedly resetting to factory settings. The screen goes black And silent then comes back on, sound resets to 20 along with any other settings I have tried to change. 

It doesn’t do this until I press a button, as soon as I press a button it does this. And I’m not sure why? I’ve tried multiple times resetting to factory, unplugging and plugging it back in, holding down the power button and I’ve gone through near enough every setting. But when I do go into the settings, I’m on a time limit to search because it will reset even if I haven’t changed anything even just by opening the menu 

HP Recommended

@Rhyce, that's unfortunate. 

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.