Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP N270h
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have the HP N270h external monitor hooked up to my Macbook Pro and I've had this setup for a few months now. A few weeks ago the power cord for the monitor started needing to be wiggled and placed in just a certain way to get the monitor to turn on. 

To be clear, there's nothing wrong with the power cord itself. As long as I have where it connects to the monitor in just the right position, it works fine. I've had to resort to this wiggling every time I turn it on though, and I've tried to tape the cord to the back of the monitor when I find the right configuration because if I don't hold it where it wants to be, as soon as I let go the screen goes blank again.

I'm still under warranty, but there's literally NO section for monitor support anywhere I can find, so I'm posting here. I hope someone see this and can help.... 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Well, if the problem is not the cord.. (I assume you tried a different one to rule that out?) the problem could be in the socket where the cord attachs to in the monitor. Either way, I believe you should call HP and open a ticket since your product is under warranty. Have you tried that page were you check the warranty of a product by entering the serial number? That page should have info on how to contact them.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.