Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Recently my desktop all in one computer display screen keeps turning to the Black screen and I have tried unplugging, restarting, updating the driver, changing the time to stay active but I haven't had any luck.  Any Suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It is likely your display is not waking up after going to "sleep"

Did you recently update to windows 11?  Some laptops need a bios fix to allow them to function properly in 11 as Microsoft has switched windows to use deep sleep "S0".   Possibly your system does not support S0

I assume the system works fine if you change the power setting to never sleep.

A quick fix it so select hibernate instead of sleep in your current power plan.

You can check the sleep mode as shown below

If you see S0 enabled then that might be the problem. 

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.