Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1090d Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello idk why my gpu stop working for some reason, sometime it working i can play game for few hour and then black screen(but i still can hear sound on the background) sometime when i want fresly turn on my pc it wont boot just black screen with 100% fan speed 

what i did : reinstall windows reinstall driver

change termal paste

remove anything connected to usb

check for windows update

use old version of windows driver

reseat gpu 

my pc spec: Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AB6 (CPU 1) 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Unknown) https://shopee.com.my/(New-Old-Stock)-HP%C2%AE-OEM-NVIDIA%C2%AE-GEfORCE%C2%AE-GTX-460-OC-256-Bit-1GB-GDDR5-Factory-OC-i.86510859.2170559187 (Gpu type) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit psu 460w 833187(HP 633187-001 PSU Power Supply by Delta DPS 460db-5 460w) (https://www.ebay.com/p/10022324024?iid=253803020281)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
Sorry, but you are giving information without further details
The graphics card, and the power supply are not therefore original?
But did the problem happen a long time later or not at all?
You indicate a power supply of 460, is it sufficient for this card?
To check if the problem is with the card, remove it
plug the screen into a port on the motherboard, and test

Motherboard Specifications, (Cleveland)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1000-desktop-pc-series/5080764/model/5090194...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

the gpu and psu is orginal, the problem occure last year before that it work just fine, i think it enough power for the gpu

right now i have new problem when i plug in my gpu fan working fine but i cant get display, but when i use on-board hdmi pc work and boot fine

HP Recommended

Oh ok, I did not understand, because you gave links to sales sites and the specifications are not available here:

And so if your computer works without the graphics card, you have the answer to your problem, it is probably faulty.
Try to reinstall it, and if the problem is there, it should be replaced

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.