Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
omen 27i
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my omen 27i monitor cant up hz to 165 only 120hz why or how to fix it? (Graphic card: GTX1060 6gb)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

NO Resolution stated,.

connected how NOT TOLD, DP or HDMI>?????????

165 Hz refresh rate or FPS frames per second and are using Vsync or not?  hummmmmm

tYOUR monitor page shows, only this.  and really is good enough for your case, these simple numbers.

165Hz refresh rate (my guess this means 165Hz tops out at 1440P not at 4k.

2560 × 1440 @ 165Hz (Display Port)

2560 × 1440 @ 165Hz (HDMI)

did you try this:>?

use the full gaming nvidia contoller app??below phoot so you can even do custom settings???????

are you using , you will experience neither G-Sync nor Freesync with your monitor?????

I will quote maker real and true, NVIDIA next. lacking input from you.

shows

7680x4320@60Hz (on sales page maker of card) again they so fear Matix charts showing when refresh is limited.

note the lack of any MATRIX on said card,  just that lame line. 1'

or it means 165Hz refresh is not supported at all. or spec stinks as most to, IMO.   yes the all are lazy.(and rich)

card shows this , which do you use?

DP 1.43, HDMI 2.0b, Dual Link-DVI

some cards only do fast HZ with dual link-DVI , buried deep in specs.  

"Only NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and above graphics card can support 2560 x 1440 up to 165Hz.?"

again NVidia as no preSales MATRIX of features,  and is a pain for all card makers.

2060 up, weak spec shows (Fine , light gray words, nvidia.com)

4k 12-bit HDR at 144Hz or 8k 12-bit HDR at 60Hz over one DisplayPort 1.4 connector (with DSC)..

finding all the fine print is never easy,  for sure GPU cards,  tons of hype and not one useful Matrix on  H/V/hz.

I guess there lame excuse for no real spec and matrix,  they show this app .

last and best.  does the correct monitor show up here,?  that is first

then fiddel A and B see that it can do that IS THE MATRIX for  Hor/Vert/Hz. click them all and see what it can do.

panel1.JPG

what happens is the software above  asks the monitor what it is.  via the Monitors PnP eDID chip so knows its limits

then the app knows your card, nvidia card and there matching app above and bingo.  truth is there.

Simply just look.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.